Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Day 3, Hungry Mother State Park, Marion, VA

The Other Early Arrivals
Wednesday November 2, 2016 - Hungry Mother State Park, Marion, VA, 173.3 Miles, 706.2 Miles For the Trip

Much nicer this morning, the low for last night was 55°F. While I did set up the electric heater, I really didn't need it. 

Since I knew today's trip would be shorter than the last couple of days, I was in no rush to get started. I took a shower, relaxed over breakfast, read a few blogs & forums, then headed out around 9:30. Almost all of today's drive was on I 81. Again, lots of trucks, but the traffic wasn't too bad.

I arrived at Hungry Mother State Park around 12:30, stopped by the main office & paid for 4 days of camping. There is a mini rally Thursday - Sunday, and since I'm going by I decided to attend. There are 3 other early arrivals, all Casitas. I'm in site 35, a full hookup site for the non resident price of $42.31 per night.

I walked around the campground, checked out the bathrooms (there is an old & new building - the new building has individual showers & is definitely nicer.) I also wandered over to the other fiberglass trailers and said hello.

Other than that I made a short run to Food Lion for some fruit & vegetables, and, of course, picked up much more. I got a "T" bone steak that was on sale (at least was after I signed up for a discount card).

The rest of the afternoon was spent sitting outside & reading. Dinner was the steak, a salad, and a glass of Bogle Essential Red 2013 wine. The rules say you have to drink inside your "camping Unit" but I cheated and ate at the picnic table.

Until next time -

No comments:

Post a Comment