Sunday, November 13, 2016

Day 14, Sunday, November 13, 2016, South Toledo Bend State Park, LA


Sunday, November 13, 2016, South Toledo Bend State Park, LA - 174.6 Miles, 1753.6 Miles For the Trip

A bit cooler than the last couple of mornings at 46°F outside (but a nice 70°F inside due to the Pelonis Disk Furnace, my 1986 electric cube heater). Lots more folks packing up & leaving this morning. I did the same after breakfast.

Most of the day was spent driving on US 84 & LA 28, a mix of 2 & 4 lanes, better than I 10, but still with some rough spots. Mississippi & Louisiana doesn't spend a lot on their roads!

Gas prices are pretty good in Louisiana - $1.86 per gallon for regular, although it varied as high as $2.16 along the route. I drove through Alexandria, LA, Fort Polk & Leesville on the way to South Toledo Bend State Park. I was in the same area in 2005 with the Red Cross for the Katrina  hurricane & less memorable, at Fort Polk for Advanced Infantry Training in 1968 prior to being sent to Vietnam, and finally, in 2012 when I stayed in both Natchez State Park & South Toledo Bend State Park on a long cross country trip.

I'm in site 55, a back in site with a deck outside the trailer & the picnic table below. $21.00 per night for water & electric. I'm here for two nights - I hope to visit a dentist in Leesville tomorrow since I broke a filling yesterday.

For what ever reason, Google is not letting me upload the site photo for today so if you want to see it, you will have to go to today's LakeshoreImages page.

Dinner was a chicken paddy & the rest of the sweet & sour beets & some Blue Bell "Homemade" vanilla ice cream for dessert.

Until tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment