Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Village Creek State Park, Wynne, AR

The New Beard
Tuesday, March 29, 2016, Village Creek State Park, Wynne, AR, 117.9 Miles, 6,248.7 Miles for the Trip

Not a bad drive, mostly on US 70 once I got out of Little Rock. I'm in site 38 at the Village Creek State Park. A nice campground with very nice individual bathrooms with showers. The bathrooms are new. My site has water & electric for $16.58 per night, at least until Friday. On the weekend I lose my out-of-state 25% discount. I'm signed up for 3 nights, and may extend if I can't reserve a site for the weekend a bit closer to Townsend, TN.

The park is almost empty. Two other trailers, one at each end - I'm in the middle. Lots of trees, shade, and paved roads. The only complaint I can come up with is the black flies are out. At least they are not like the Adirondack black flies. These are just annoying; the Adirondack variety take huge bites out of you, drawing blood! Campground photos at
today's LakeshoreImages page.

I tried firing up my Thermacell Mosquito Repellent & it didn't do much. Of course it is called a MOSQUITO repellent, not a black fly repellent, but I thought it was worth a try. Actually, the wind did the best at keeping them away; when it died they were all over me.

I'm including a new photo of me so that those that remember what I looked like when I left Oswego last October are not too shocked by the new beard when I get back.

Dinner was a BLT, snap peas, and a dish of Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream.

Until next time -

No comments:

Post a Comment