Friday, March 4, 2016

City of Rocks State Park, NM, Day 6

Friday, March 4, 2016, City of Rocks State Park, NM, Day 6, 0 Miles, 4,615.2 Miles for the Trip

Another late start to the day. After my walk & breakfast, I sat around and read. I finished Christopher Pike's The Season of Passage. Quite an interesting SiFi novel, one of the few books that I had trouble putting it down. Part of the reason for the late start was staying up until 12:30 AM reading!

One of the fund raisers my former employer, the State University of NY at Oswego Theatre Department is doing is selling the seats in the refurbished theatre. I bought one in memory of my late wife Carol, and received an email from the dean asking if I'd do a short video for the facebook page that pushed the idea to others. Now I'm not much of an actor - while I was active in theatre for over 40 years, I have been in two shows as an actor, both very small parts that I was forced into as an undergraduate. So, making the video was a chore, but I did it. Getting it to the department was almost as difficult as making it. Too big to email, and I don't have a drop box account. I put it on my Google Drive & hope I configured access for the person who is suppose to get it.

Other than that, the day was spent doing nothing. Around 5:00 my neighbor invited me for "happy hour".  I sat around with two ladies that are full timing in class B vans. We talked about places we've been & places we are going to, then headed home for dinner.

Dinner was a Southwest salad.

Until tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment