Monday, March 14, 2016

Rio Grande Village Campground, Big Bend National Park, TX, Day 6

Bosquillas Road under the Stars
Monday, March 14, 2016, Rio Grande Village Campground, Big Bend National Park, TX, Day 6, 0 Miles, 5,078.3 Miles for the Trip

The campground is still filled this morning. People are making deals - before anyone leaves, there is someone that has already claimed their site, and another half dozen driving around looking for one. None are ever actually empty...

There is a "no generator" section, although it doesn't mean much. While no one runs a generator in that section, it is next to the generator allowed area & there are a couple of trailers that are running construction generators. I can easily hear them at my site 3/4 of the way across the entire campground.

After watching a Texas Ranger ride by on a horse, I drove to the Bosquillas Canyon road & parked in a turnoff. I watched the stars come out (the brightest "dot" in most of the photos is the planet Jupiter, a lonely first light) and took a few photos. Nothing spectacular, but fun to do.

This morning I talked again with a gentleman I met yesterday. He is 78 years old & bike camping (yes bicycle, not motorcycle). He joined the bicyclists in the site next to mine & I'm currently recharging his tablet. We traded a book - even though weight is obviously important to him, he travels with real books rather than a Kindle; a man after my own heart! He has been traveling by bicycle since his retirement.

I read most of the day, taking a few breaks to walk around the campground. I haven't decided what dinner will be, but I'm leaning towards digging out the Dutch oven & baking a couple of frozen chicken burritos.

Until the next internet connection -

No comments:

Post a Comment