Sunday, August 16, 2015

Timberline Campground, Waukee, IA

Site 69, Timberline Campground
Sunday, August 16, 2015, Timberline Campground, Waukee, IA - 289.4 Miles Today, 9987.5 For the Trip

Another day, another 300 miles closer to Oswego! Nothing much to say about today's part of the journey, although the Timberline Campground is one of the nicer ones I've found along I80. I'm sure there are many others, but the Timberline has me in site 69, nestled between two trees (I wouldn't want to back a long trailer into the location), an electric & water site for $37.68 with the Good Sam's discount & paying cash. Clean unisex bathrooms (only two at this end near the office) and shade at the level site. Long enough that I didn't have to unhook.

Since I arrived around 2:00, I spent most of day afternoon sitting outside & reading. It isn't quite as hot as the last two days, and was comfortable in the shade of the two large trees on site. There is a fair (2 bars) AT&T signal here, and an OK Verizon 4G LTE data signal.

Dinner will be a grilled chicken paddy sandwich & snap peas.

Until Next Time -

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your reflux problem, and needing to curtail your trip....I have enjoyed sitting in the "back seat" following along...Florida this winter sounds like a "plan"....I'm heading west in a couple weeks....hopefully..Colorado is my first adventure...Safe Travels back to Oswego...Horst sends

    ReplyDelete