Sunday, August 9, 2015

Gros Ventre Campground, Tetons National Park, WY & Mormon Row

T. A. Moulton's Barn, Mormon Row, Teton National Park, WY
Sunday, August 9, 2015, Gros Ventre Campground, Tetons National Park, WY - 121.6 Miles Today, 8977.4 For the Trip

Well, the wonderful mileage is gone. Lots of hills, and a gain of a couple 1000' of altitude resulted in a more realistic 14.7MPG by the time I hit The Tetons National Park. I decided to stick with US 26 rather than the shortcut into Jackson Hole of ID 31 & WY 22. I did that on a previous trip, and it is quite a haul over switchbacks and passes. I stopped to take a couple photos of rafts on the Snake River. A fairly mild section of the river, but it was one of the pull offs where I could see rafters. After that it was fighting the traffic in Jackson Hole, and on into the park. I'm in site 219 in the non generator section of Gros Ventre Campground. Dry camping at $12.00 per night with the senior pass. A good view (through the trees) of the Tetons behind the trailer.

I do have a 2 bar, -86db 4GLTE Verizon signal at my campsite, better than having to drive into Jackson Hole as I did the last time I stayed in the campground. I was at the other end; maybe that makes the difference. In any case, I was able to post the photos and the first version of today's page. I hope to get out and add to it this afternoon.

I did drive out to Mormon Row, one of my favorite locations for photographs in the park. While I prefer earlier in the season when there is still snow on the Tetons, today's clouds look pretty good. I hope to get back around sunset for some evening photos. Other years I've been here there have been clear cloudless skies, so I'm hoping today's will hang in there.  More photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Dinner will be a chicken paddy sandwich with broccoli.

Until Next Time -

1 comment:

  1. Tetons...I think its up there at about No. 1 ...I love going there...if you get a If chance stay at Altherton Creek...its a NFS, has about 20+ sites...its has no electricity, can run your generator, cost 6 Dollars for AARPS, one of my favorites, my 27 Aug '14 and forward a couple Blog posts has some photo's of the CG...only down side it is somewhat of a "washboard" road for about 5/6 miles...but as they say...if you want to be in the country, you got to drive on a country road to get there...Looking forward to some more of those great photo's...take care..Horst sends

    ReplyDelete