Monday, August 10, 2015

Gros Ventre Campground, Tetons National Park, WY, Day 2

A Cabin Along Gros Ventre Road
Monday, August 10, 2015, Gros Ventre Campground, Tetons National Park, WY, Day 2 - 0 Miles Today, 8977.4 For the Trip

While I didn't put any mileage on the trailer, I did drive over 100 miles today. Horst, a Texan who follows my blog suggested I look at the Atherton Creek Campground, one of his favorites. I can understand why. Although it is at the end of a rather rough section of poorly paved road, it is on Lower Slide Lake (created by the largest landslide in the world) with wonderful views from some of the sites. Unfortunately, the sites with great views are already taken through the weekend. I did include a photo of the campground, and will try to stay there on the next trip.

After that I drove north on US 89. I stopped to watch them launch a raft at Deadman's Bar, then on to the Moran Junction, then back towards the campground on the Teton Park Road. I drove to the top of Signal Mountain, a very twisty, narrow paved road. I included a photo of the cell tower (since it is called Signal Mountain) as well as a couple images of the view from the top.  More photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.  Lots of traffic in the park - many of the turnouts were full, as well as the Jenny Lake parking area.

On the way home I skipped by the campground & headed into Jackson & the Albertsons there to pick up some water & ice tea. Reminded me of Nantucket - very busy, with a full parking lot, and everyone in a rush. It is a huge store with lots of stuff, but no good meat thermometer.

After getting back to the campground, I read for a bit, then cooked a Bubba Burger & canned beans for dinner.

Until Next Time -

No comments:

Post a Comment