Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Gros Ventre Campground, Tetons National Park, WY, Day 3

Atherton Creek Campground
Tuesday, August 11, 2015, Gros Ventre Campground, Tetons National Park, WY, Day 3 - 0 Miles Today, 8977.4 For the Trip

Well, I did nothing today! First, I slept in, not getting out of bet until after the furnace warmed the trailer to 65°F (inside was 52°F, outside 48°F this morning) then a quick navy shower & a bacon & eggs breakfast. I tried my Primus toaster for the first time - I definitely need a bit more practice to keep from burning the toast on the Coleman stove burner), then spent the morning reading. I took a break to walk around a couple of loops of the campground (the bathrooms are on the opposites side of the loop from where my trailer is located), did a little housekeeping checking & cleaning the batteries, and talked with a few neighbors.

I forgot & left the Sleek amplifier & WiFi ranger on overnight, with the result that I was down 30 amp hours by morning rather than the usual 15-20. Since the trailer is in the shade most of the morning, I got out the portable 160 Watt solar panel & by the end of the day, all 30 amp hours plus what I used during the day are back.

I called Rear View Safety, the people that make my rear camera system. I purchased it in June, 2010, and a week or so ago it died. I really miss both cameras, the trailer for monitoring traffic, and the RAV4 camera for hitching. I'm guessing the multiplexer is what has died, although it is possible it is the monitor. Since the multiplexer is only $39.95, it isn't expensive to replace, however I don't know when I'll be somewhere near a post office that accepts general delivery long enough to have it shipped.

That's about it for the day, I don't even have any photos, so I used one from yesterday of the Atherton Creek Campground.

Dinner will be something simple; I'm thinking some New England Clam Chowder, but that may change. Right now I'm trying to cool off. While it cools off quickly at night here in the Tetons, the outside temperature is now in the high 80's...

Until Next Time -

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear Atherton CG didn't work our...Guess I was lucky..though at the Tetons it really doesn't matter which CG one stays at...it just a very majestic place to be...enjoy, take care and keep those photo's coming...I got about 2 weeks before I head out to points West...Horst sends

    ReplyDelete