Monday, July 15, 2013

Robert Moses State Park, NY

Site 235, Robert Moses State Park, NY

Day 35, July 15, Robert Moses State Park, Massena, NY - 166.7 Miles, 3460.1 For the Trip

I really need to give another plug for the Barrewood Campground. Very quiet, and very relaxing. Clean bathrooms with large showers, and enough hooks for everything! About the only difficulty was getting out of my site since I drove head in. I managed to back around trees & picnic tables, and was on the road by 8:00. Lots of Vermont secondary roads, some OK and others in pretty bad shape. I'm never going to complain about NY roads again! Most of the drive through VT was on VT 105, and VT 78, then US 2 & US 11 in NY. I took NY 37 along the St Lawrence River to Massena, and the Robert Moses State Park.

I'm is site 235, with Electric & shade. The shade is good because it is around 94°F and humid. I'm running the AC for the first time on the trip, on low, but it helps get the trailer down to 77°F. This is a nice state park, very well kept up, clean bathrooms, large sites, some with sun & others with shade. About 1/2 full, with over 250 sites. Only 3-4 with water, but all with electric (20-30-50 amps) and water close by. Some of the sites are on the river.

Nothing in the way of photos today other than the usual campsite image. Not sure what dinner will be - it depends on whether it cools off enough for me to want to cook. I do have a pot pie left that I could cook in the toaster oven outside the trailer, but right not that seems like something too hot to eat!

Until tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment