Thursday, July 4, 2013

Peggy's Cove, NS

Peggy's Cove, NS

Day 23, July 3 - Peggy's Cove, NS - miles, 2011.1 For the Trip

While it rained a bit last night, for the first time in a week, Don & Anne got to set up their tent without getting rained on! In fact, we had quite a bit of sun today and even at 10:00PM it is still 68°F.

I took a photo of the RV parked next to us at Murphy's Campground. They are a couple from Germany that have been traveling around the US & Canada. They brought the RV with them. from Germany. I also walked down to Murphy's Marina & took a photo of a boat & the dock.

We drove through Halifax and on to Glen Margaret, where we stopped for two days at the Wayside Campground. After setting up the tent & trailer we drove to Bedford to purchase a replacement hose for one of my propane tanks. It has a small crack in it, and although it wasn't leaking, since it is a high pressure hose I replaced it. I also filled the empty propane tank, and stopped for some supplies at Walmart, a grocery store, and a package store for some wine.

When ever I take a trip I pick out a few stops that I definitely want to see. For this trip Hopewell Rocks was one of those, and Peggy's Cove the other. There are many other places I enjoyed, but these are two that were "must see". We stopped at the lighthouse at Peggy's Cove after dinner (steak, asparagus & rice) hoping for a good sunset. While some of the lighting was interesting, the sunset didn't do much, although, of course, it got better just after we left. It is a pretty lighthouse sitting on massive granite rocks. There are very few photos without people - I tried using a 10 stop filter and 30 second exposures to remove the moving people, but the problem is many of them didn't move, or just moved a little, making blurs. I included one image of all the photographers waiting for the right moment. I took a bunch of photos - the last one is my favorite.

More at today's Lakeshore Images Page.

While there is WiFi here at the campground, it is so slow that I won't be able to post today's (or tomorrow's) pages unless we find another WiFi location.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment