Thursday, August 9, 2012

Leadville, CO

Sunset Over Turquoise Lake, CO

Thursday, August 9 - Leadville, CO -22.5 Miles Today, 12,533.1 For the Trip

Not much news for the day. I did get my haircut, and stopped at the coffee shop Anne recommended; good coffee & a nice carrot cake muffin. After that Dick, Anne & I went for a ride over parts of the 100 mile bicycle race they are working on this Saturday. It is quite an affair - it combines mountain biking with road biking, including a climb from around 10,000' to 12,000'+. Lance Armstrong ran it 2 years ago & won, but last year his time was beat by a number of riders. I'll look for the DVD of last year's race just to show a friend back in Oswego who likes to ride.

No photographs today, so I used one of the sunsets from last night.

Dinner was a hash to use up the last of the steak & vegetables. I had to cook it in the trailer - as soon as I started cutting up the ingredients it started to pour. At least I remembered to put the smoke detector under my pillow so I didn't have the alarm going off in the middle of cooking. Of course as soon as I had it going on the stove the rain stopped.

Tomorrow is moving day - I have to be out of my site by 12:00 for the people who reserved it for the weekend. I hope to find room at the Tabor Campground, which is just a parking lot. There are a bunch of empty sites, however a number of RVs have been through this park looking for spaces, and moved on. If Tabor is full in the morning I'll head to Camp Hale. There is plenty of space there, however every time I come back to Leadville to see Dick & Anne I have to go over Tennessee pass & wait for the light at the one lane section of US 24 where the sink hole ate one lane.

Until Tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment