Thursday, August 30, 2012

Babcock State Park, WV - Day 2

Glade Creek Grist Mill

Thursday, August 30 - Babcock State Park, WV, Day 2 - 17.2 Miles Today, 14,788.5 For the Trip

All of today's mileage was done driving around the park. I went to the mill during the morning (while still a pretty building, it sure looks better in the fall, and with a little more water in the creek), drove to one of the lakes, finding a number of trees blown over. I talked with a park ranger & she told me that a bad storm went through on June 29th. While parts of the park look OK, some parts look like a tornado hit it.

I also took a short walk to "Natural Arch". Not quite as impressive as those out in Utah, but a pretty arch made of area stones with much more vegetation than out west. More photos at today's LakeshoreImages Page.

I made the stupid mistake of trying to update the software running my WiFi Ranger. I should know better and waited until I got home. After the update I can no longer access the control panel & have no internet connection through the device. I plugged the USB modem directly into the laptop & managed to get a connection, so I should be able to post page updates, but I no longer have a WiFi connection for my iPhone. I'm currently working with WiFi Ranger's tech support & hope to have things back to normal soon. A further complication is the internet connection here at the campground is very slow...

Just realized that today makes 4 months on the road. Time sure flies when you are having fun! Dinner is going to be Orange Chicken with rice.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment