Friday, August 17, 2012

Great Sand Dunes National Park, CO

Great Sand Dunes National Park, CO

Friday, August 17 - Great Sand Dunes National Park, CO 182.4 Miles Today, 12,777.4 For the Trip

Well, the ranger yesterday was half right - all the reservable sites are booked, but loop 1 is non reservable & was only half filled when I arrived at 10:00AM. I picked out a nice back in site that has a bit of a slope, but nothing unhooking & using the tongue jack couldn't cure. The site has a great view of the dunes & afternoon shade for both the RAV4 & the trailer. While I unhooked, I'm not going anywhere. I already have dinner & while I am starting a shopping list, there is nothing on it I need today. So, I spent the day goofing off. I did meet a couple that pulled into the site across from me - they are from Switzerland,had their own RV shipped (a Eura Mobil). They are spending 6 months touring the US & Canada, including a trip to Alaska.

While the campground was pretty empty this morning, it has filled up during the day. While there are a few sites still open, at 2:30 most have been taken.

While dinner won't be up to last night's marinated pork chop, rice & salad, a couple of grilled brats & beans sounds OK. If it cools off I may venture back out on the dunes. They are fascinating - wonderful shapes, huge, and the light changes throughout the day.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment