Friday, April 1, 2011

Last Meals on Wheels Delivery

Today's Photo - Poison Ivy in Early Spring














Today's a bit sad - I made my last delivery for Meals on Wheels, at least until late August.  I'm a big believer in volunteer work, both for the community & for myself.  I've worked on a Red Cross Disaster Team here in my local community, traveled to Louisiana to help out after Katrina, and try to help out doing & teaching photography for a number of groups.  Volunteering also gets me off my butt!   Although I only do Meals on Wheels one day a week, I'll miss seeing the smiling faces when making my deliveries. By the way, the group usually needs volunteers - if you are looking for something to do in your spare time, it is a great organization.

I got the word from Escape Trailer Industries that they got the check for the trailer.  It took well over a week to get there - I was starting to get a bit worried that either the US or Canadian mail ate it.  I also picked up a 1TB portable drive today to use as a back up for my photos while on the trip. It was on sale at Best Buy for $119.00, and while talking to the guy at the cash register I mentioned that the first hard drive I purchased was a 20MB drive & sold for $1500.00.  Hard to believe much prices have come down & capacity has gone up.  Of course, the computer I connected that early hard drive to was jam packed with 1 MB of memory!

Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment