Thursday, January 27, 2011

Today's Photo - Goose Island, Saint Mary Lake, Glacier National Park, MT (1998)













I'm still alive!  Been spending the last couple of days trying to put together a set of web pages of our first trip to Missoula, Montana in the summer of 1998.  I have even fewer notes from this trip compared to others I've attempted to recreate, and many, many unidentified slides. I sure do like modern digital cameras with GPS locations added to the EXIF data.

Although not inexpensive, the GPS I have attached to my Nikon D200 or D700 not only gives me the location of the image, but also gives me the direction the camera was pointed!  At least some of the photos were taken by my wife Carol with a camera that puts the dates on the negatives.  I have a back for the Nikon F3 that I used to take most of the slides during the trip that puts the date & time in the slide, but it is printed in the space between frames, which is covered up by the slide mount. So, to find the date I'd have to pry apart the mount...

Anyhow, that is what has been keeping me busy.  I'm about a third of the way through the trip - I'll post a link when it is done for those interested.

Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment