Monday, April 29, 2019

Trip Wrap Up

The View From Our Balloon Ride at Albuquerque
Well, I'm adjusting to being back in a 1200 sq ft house rather than a 140 sq ft box. I did wake up at 4:00AM wondering why a night light was glowing at the foot of the bed since I didn't plug the trailer in. Then I realized I was in the house, not the trailer!

Some statistics from the trip:

Total mileage - 15,393.7, 11,761.5 towing. Total gallons of fuel (I may have missed one or two fill ups) 1211.4 Gallons @ an average of $2.71 per gallon. Most Expensive gas - $3.35 at Marathon, TX, least expensive - $2.04 at Tucson, AZ. Average mpg for the entire trip - 12.71MPG. Again, I sure hope I missed a couple of fill ups since I thought the truck was doing better than that, at least by the built in MPG indicator. Still better than the Tacoma.

265 nights - Campground costs - Average $21.19, higher than most of my most recent trips. Less time at Quartzsite, more at commercial campgrounds. Propane - 51.86 gallons for a total of $147.52 (average $2.84 per gallon).

More photos during the trip are at today's LakeshoreImages page.

The next trip will be in a couple of weeks, heading to New Hampshire for the Spring Fling fiberglass rally at the Chocorua KOA.

No comments:

Post a Comment