Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Day 137, Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 30

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 30, 0 Miles, 3,740.2 Towing Miles For the Trip

Rule # 135 (I'm not sure what the previous 134 rules were, but there has to be that many). If you wish to depend on the automatic changeover propane regulator, YOU MUST open the valve of the refilled tank when you put it back in place.

Even since my wife was sick, I became a light sleeper. I now had the ability to sense when something is wrong & "spring" awake. At 2:30 this morning I heard the furnace fan come on. Normally, I sleep through this, but this time it didn't light. When the propane ignites, the sound makes a slight rushing sound that is different from just the fan. Hard to believe, but not hearing that woke me up.

I listened for it to "try again" (it goes through three attempts) and the gas valve clicked, but no "whoosh". Climbed out of bed and did the positive test for propane, although I was pretty sure what the problem was, and tried to light the stove. No joy! So, I'm outside in my PJ's with a flashlight in my mouth popping the tank cover to turn on the full tank. I had to restart the refrigerator, cycle the furnace thermostat, but eventually, everything was going again, including me not ready to go back to sleep. I read for a bit, and finally nodded off around 3:30.

So, after the walk for coffee & breakfast, I drove back to the 76 & filled the empty propane tank. $10.40 with tax for 4.5 gallons. I also stopped by Quiet Times to pick up a Christmas package from my daughter. I did chat with them to sing happy birthday to Valerie yesterday evening (poor kid). She liked her new Kindle. It took me 71 years to get one for myself; I decided since she loves books that it would be a good birthday present.

After the trip to town it was back to the trailer and sitting outside reading. Still a little cool, but sitting in the sun is comfortable.

Dinner was left over chicken stew.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment