Sunday, December 10, 2017

Day 128, Sunday, December 10, 2017 - Rancho Sedona RV Park, Sedona, AZ, Day 4

My New Owl
Sunday, December 10, 2017 - Rancho Sedona RV Park, Sedona, AZ, Day 4, 0 Miles, 3,490.2 Towing Miles For the Trip

A warmer night, and a very nice day. I walked around the campground saying good by to most of the Scamp Campers; there are 3 of us left for tonight. After talking with a couple of different Arizonians and hearing horror stories about driving through Jerome pulling a trailer, I decided to take the truck & leave the trailer in the campground. Since I want to go to Glendale to pick up a new iPhone, it made sense for that reason as well.

I have to say that while it would be possible to take the trailer through Jerome, you wouldn't be able to stop (no parking) and there were some hairy twists & turns as well as narrow streets. I did find a parking place for the truck and wandered around town. I bought a "T" shirt from Paul & Jerry's Saloon (the oldest family owned bar in Arizona), and made the mistake of wandering into the Firefly on Main St. Some beautiful rugs that were well beyond my budget, but I fell in love with a locally made owl.

After that it was back to Sedona and a drive up Schnebly Hill Road. About 3/4 of a mile past the campground turn off it becomes a 4 wheel drive, high clearance road with some nice views of more red rock. I waited until sunset, but it was quite cloudy, and color never developed. The photos of Jerome & red rocks are at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Just before dark I arrived back at the campground. I hooked up the trailer so I wouldn't have to do it in the morning cold (those weight distribution bars are solid cold steel!) I also dumped the trailer tanks, then headed for the showers. OK shower except the water ran into the dressing area.

Dinner was a salad & a Chicken Empanada.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment