Sunday, December 17, 2017

Day 135, Sunday, December 17, 2017 - La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 28

Both Panels Tilted
Sunday, December 17, 2017 - La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 28, 0 Miles, 3,740.2 Towing Miles For the Trip

Another cloudy and cool day. I spent most of the morning reading blogs & forums, then played with different antenna combinations to see if I could improve the radio reception. I got it a bit better going back to the standard antenna installed by Escape, but I really want to try a normal auto antenna that allows a ground plane.

After that it was the tilting of the front panel project. Not as simple as the rear panel because the front one is mounted closer to the roof. If I used the rivet holes for the bolts to swivel the panel, it would hit the roof. So, I drilled new holes in the panel. Other than that, it went fine. Not as good a position as the rear panel because very low angle sun will be partially blocked by the MaxxFan cover. The same cover also blocked the panel when it was flat, but it will still get shaded. That is the reason I wanted to tilt them perpendicular to the trailer length, but that will have to wait until I get 2" aluminum hinges.

I disconnected the portable panel & will see how the panels do over the next couple of days.

After that I read the Syracuse Post Standard on my iPad, and called a bunch of people to catch up on the goings on. Over a foot of snow in Oswego; my son fired up the snow blower for the first time.

After that it was time for dinner, which was chicken Parmesan, mashed potatoes, and a glass of white wine.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment