Friday, December 8, 2017

Day 126, Friday, December 8, 2017 - Rancho Sedona RV Park, Sedona, AZ, Day 2

Sedona Red Rocks
Friday, December 8, 2017 - Rancho Sedona RV Park, Sedona, AZ, Day 2, 0 Miles, 3,490.2 Towing Miles For the Trip

I woke up at 5:00, looked at the outside thermometer. It read 30°F, so I went back to sleep. By 9:00 is was still in the 30's, but I climbed out of bed anyway. Actually, it wasn't too bad out in the sun, although the campground has lots of shade, so you have to look for it.

After breakfast I headed out to some of the red rock views of Sedona. While the red isn't as red as the rocks in the Valley of Fire State Park in Nevada, the views are impressive. I started at the airport, then drove around to many of the trailheads. I only did part of the trails; enough to get some interesting photos. The parking at the trailheads was close to full - I often got the last slot. Most are Forest Service areas, so hanging my Senior Card in the window took care of the fees. They have credit card machines at most of the trailheads where you pay $5.00 for a day pass if you don't have a card. Kind of handy - they also have them at some of the campgrounds at Death Valley & it is faster & easier than putting a check into an envelope & into the iron ranger. Of course they need an internet connection to process the card, so they won't work everywhere.

I didn't label the images by the names of the formations, but did have the GPS adding the locations to the EXIF data (only on the linked 1000 pixel versions) so if you are interested, you can find where I went. Lots more locations that I may try to visit on Sunday.

As promised, I included a campsite photo. That, and many more of Sedona including a panorama from the airport are at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Dinner was a microwaved Thai Pad Thai dinner.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment