Thursday, December 7, 2017

Day 125, Thursday, December 7, 2017 - Rancho Sedona RV Park, Sedona, AZ,

Dinner at the Oak Creek Brewery & Grill
Thursday, December 7, 2017 - Rancho Sedona RV Park, Sedona, AZ, 236.4 Miles, 3,490.2 Towing Miles For the Trip

I finished packing up the trailer & headed out of Quartzsite around 9:00AM. I stopped at RV Lifestyles to make sure they ordered the awning end, and at the 76 gas station for a mug of coffee. I took the interstate route - I 10, the 303 bypass & I 17. I stopped at a Walmart along the way and actually found Chicken Empanadas! I bought two boxes since I haven't seen them anywhere else. They just managed to fit in the freezer.

I arrived at Rancho Sedona RV Parka little after 2:00. I'm in site 18, a full hookup site that is quoted at $45.00 per night, but, because I had a one night rain check, works out to $28.20 per night. The site is large enough that the truck can park in front of the trailer. I won't use the septic hook up until I leave, because they require a accordion type sewer hose support for permanent hookups & I don't carry one. I didn't take a site photo before we left for dinner & it was dark when I got back, so I'll have to add it to tomorrow's post.

There are two Escape 19's, my 21, two Olivers, one Casita, and one Scamp 16. The temperature dropped as I drove to Sedona (as did the truck's gas tank. I had a good headwind for most of the drive, as well as gained almost 4000'; around 7.5 MPG. While it was 56°F when I arrived at the campground, the wind made it feel much colder. I dug out my down vest & insulated gloves! As Scamp Campers arrived, we stood around & chatted.

Around 5:30 we went to the Oak Creek Brewery & Grill for dinner, fish & chips & a local amber beer. I have a couple of photos taken with my iPhone. A much better group photo was texted to me (the one above) - I definitely need to upgrade my phone if for no other reason than the poor camera quality. The other photos were taken walking around the Tlaquepaque Arts & Crafts Village. There will be a Christmas celebration at the village on Saturday. The other photos are at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Until Tomorrow -

1 comment:

  1. A few days ago I upgraded my iPhone from the 6s to the 8 plus and the camera is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete