Monday, October 30, 2017

Day 87, Monday, October 30, 2017 - Furnace Creek Campground, Death Valley, CA, Day 2

Along Artist's Drive
Monday, October 30, 2017 - Furnace Creek Campground, Death Valley, CA, Day 2, 0 Miles, 2,452.9 Towing Miles For the Trip

I spent the morning talking with water heater installers back in upstate NY. I couldn't contact my son - they had a bad storm with hurricane force winds & 5" of rain - the power was out, as was phone & cable. He called when I got to work; everything at the house is OK (with the exception, of course, the hot water). Even his heat is working.

After that I headed to Artist's Drive. It was closed when I was here in February. They repaved it - a nice, smooth but curvy & hilly one way road. The mountainside along the drive screams for panoramas, so I took a few. No problem uploading them, even the multi MB large image files. A pretty drive with lots of places to stop & walk into good viewing areas. More photos, the panoramas, and Borax Works photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

After that I went in search of the village store. They have completely rebuilt the area, and unless I'm confused (which, of course, is a good possibility) is is much smaller, and hidden behind the golf office. In any case, nothing that I wanted. I did buy my first "T" shirt at the visitor center.

Next was a quick run to the Borax Works. I haven't been there since 1996, so I thought it was time to stop by. Looks pretty much the same, although the walkway is a bit nicer.

I'm now back at the trailer looking for some shade to sit in. A little later I'll fire up the water heater (at least mine works) and take a shower.

Dinner was a veggie burger & watermelon slices, and Chocolate Cream Oreos for dessert.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment