Friday, October 13, 2017

Day 70, Friday, October 13, 2017 - Emigrant Lake County Park, Ashland, OR, Day 2

Emigrant Lake & Boat Ramps
Friday, October 13, 2017 - Emigrant Lake County Park, Ashland, OR, Day 2, 0 Miles, 1,571.6 Towing Miles For the Trip

A quiet day at the campground. Lots of people moved out today as those with reservations for the weekend moved in. As of dinner time, the campground only had 2 empty sites, one reserved for today & the other a handicapped site.

Around noon I headed to town looking for some clothes & a few supplies. I didn't find much in Ashland, but just up the road in Medford was a Walmart. After getting back to the campground I headed for the showers. Individual units with a bench that stayed dry in a small dressing area that didn't. While the shower heads were the high pressure type, the spray was adjustable, lots of hot water, and free, so I can't complain!

I did a little reading when I got back to the trailer. As I mentioned before, the lake is very low. There is a dam at the entrance to the park & the water doesn't even reach the bottom of it. One of the boat ramps ends over 100' from the water. They put in a second one that makes it to the lake. It must be interesting getting to this campground if the lake is full - the spillway goes across the entrance road!

The view from my trailer across the lake is nice, although there is quite a bit of wind today, making it unpleasant to sit outdoors. The first photo shows the old ramp just over the 5th wheel, while the second one shows both. The haze in the first picture is some rain that never made it to this side of the lake. Also, note the bit of Fall color on the trees.

I started dinner around 5:00, and had some visitors, Casita owners that are thinking of getting an Escape 21 when they retire & read my journal. I showed them around, then sat down to a couple of El Monterey Chicken Empanadas cooked in the trailer oven. Much easier than digging out the toaster oven or much, much easier than in the Dutch Oven. Have I mentioned I really appreciate having an oven?

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment