Friday, July 31, 2015

Bellingham RV Park, Bellingham, WA

Whatcom Falls
Thursday, July 30, 2015, Bellingham RV Park, Bellingham, WA - 32.6 Miles Today, 7631.6 For the Trip

I got a late start today, but didn't have all that far to go. I stopped at the Nor West RV park, but no sites were available. The Bellingham RV Park is closer to the airport, but since I wanted to go to Wilson Motors (the local Toyota dealer), it was the next choice. I'm in site 47, a full hookup, including cable, for $39.78 with a Good Sam's discount.

After setting up the trailer I headed into Bellingham & Wilson Motors. My service manager was Mike, and I can't say enough good about him. He managed to work me in on a busy day. Wish he decided to transfer to Syracuse!

Lots of good & bad on the oil change. First, it was the least expensive I've had in quite awhile; the bad, like I suspected, I needed rear brakes. Another bad, while they were doing the oil change, they discovered a leaking transmission oil seal. The good - the part is less than $15.00 (although 2 hours of labor). The bad - they don't have one in stock. The earliest they could get one would be Monday, and my space at the RV park isn't available over the weekend. So, I called the Everett Toyota dealer, (my next stop), and they have 2 of the seals, and will schedule me in for 9:00AM tomorrow. I called & have a reservation for 2 days at the Camp Ki RV Resort in Arlington, a few miles north of Everett.

As I said, Mike was an exceptional Service Manager. He took one look at the wash job they did on the RAV4, shook his head & said "They don't know how to hand wash a vehicle"! My towing mirrors and tire on the roof kept it out of the automatic washer. I admit it was still covered with Alaska dirt, but it was streaked, not really cleaned. He made me follow him over to the wash area & proceeded to hand wash the car himself. Did a great job!

On the way back to the campground I stopped at the Whatcom Falls Park. There are a couple of waterfalls in the park, however the low water level doesn't help with photographs. Still, I took a few, including a man made water chute that is screened off to prevent anyone using it. Looks like it would be fun!  More photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

By the time I got back to the campground it was 5:00. I relaxed at the trailer, had a shower in one of the best showers of the trip - lots of room in both the shower & changing area, a bench, plenty of hooks, etc.

Dinner was a chicken sandwich, some taco chips & the rest of the snap peas.

Until Tomorrow -

1 comment:

  1. Terrific photo's...the stream is my favorite of the Day....safe Travels...I got about 3 more weeks...I hope!...Horst sends

    ReplyDelete