Monday, June 16, 2014

Dead Horse Point State Park, UT, Day 2 & Canyonlands

Green River Overlook, Canyonlands National Park
Monday, June 16, 2014, Dead Horse Point State Park, UT, Day 2 & Canyonlands - 0 miles, 10,706.8 For the Trip

I drove into Moab to do laundry & replace some supplies. After putting the laundry & groceries away, I headed to Canyonlands. This is my second favorite National Park, probably due to my favorite hike - False Kiva. I didn't do the hike this year, but instead took the hike to Aztec Butte. It was closed the last time I was here, but now you can hike to the top and walk around the top, but the graineries are still off limits. They are built into alcoves in the rock walls, and the ceilings are unstable. There is a structure at the top of the Butte, but I am suspicious as to it's authenticity.

The smaller graineries that are on a spur on the trail are accessible.

After that I drove to the Green River Overlook for a couple of photos. Of course, I also took some "Tree" photos. The last stop was at Mesa Arch. I wanted to get a close up of the "Washerwoman" formation. Very crowded, and it is much more interesting at dawn (2012 Trip).  Photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Dinner was grilled chicken breast & corn on the cob.

A very windy day & the power just went out. Good thing it is cool enough not to need the AC.

Until Tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment