Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Capitol Reef National Park, UT

Pectol's Pyramid, Capitol Reef National Park

Sunday, June 22, 2014, Capitol Reef National Park, UT, 74.2 - miles, 11,044.0 For the Trip

Still no Internet. I believe this is the longest I've gone without posting an update. I hope everyone out there knows I'm OK.

A short drive to Capitol Reef National Park. After setting up in site 18, I headed to the Hickman Bridge trail head. I hiked up the Rim Overlook trail to take photographs of Pectol's Pyramid. I took some on the last trip, but was hoping for better clouds this time. On the way back I decided to make the .7 mile hike out to Hickman Bridge since I was already about one third of the way there. While there I met a couple from Switzerland enjoying the scenery, but not to happy about the heat. Actually, it is cooler than yesterday by about 10°F.

I also took a bunch of photographs of the barn at the Fruita Oasis next to the campground. I've also done that before, but never can get it quite right. I sat & talked with the campground host for a bit & watched the hummingbirds - she got permission to hang a feeder while they were there.  More photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

After that it was back to the campsite to spend the rest of the afternoon reading & slapping no-see-ums. The season will be over in another 2 weeks, however I will be long gone by then. I even resorted to bug spray. First, some environmentally healthy stuff that did nothing, and finally a "Bug X 30" pre moistened towelette. I collected a bunch of them at one of the health fairs I attended representing the Oswego County Office For the Aging Board. It was soaked in DEET & it worked.

Dinner will be the rest of the spaghetti sauce & meatballs.

Until the next data connection -

No comments:

Post a Comment