Saturday, July 28, 2012

Refrigerator Repair & Mt Baker Highway

Mt Baker Highway in the Fog

Friday, July 27, Fixing the Refrigerator & Mt Baker in the Fog - 61.5 Miles + 108.3 to Mt Baker Today,10,773.7 For the Trip

I got to Chilliwack a bit early and had to convince Reace to finish his lunch before tackling the refrigerator. We didn't have to pull the fridge completely out - just enough so the receptacle could be moved down a bit. Dometic sent the chimney cap (I already had one sitting under the refrigerator left there by Camping World, but didn't know what it was) but didn't send the most important part - the Baffle. Reace took one out of one of his new refrigerators & installed it. Found the problem with the open ground wire & fixed that, hooked up the gas line & and put everything back together. So far everything is working! It even cooled on gas while driving down the road, something it has never done. I can't say enough about the Escape customer service. Reace spent a couple of hours fixing a problem caused by a faulty repair by Camping World in Syracuse, including ordering parts & stripping one of his own units. He wouldn't even charge me for the cost of the parts! On top of that, he decided my upper grill was looking a bit shabby from all the times it has been opened, so he gave me a new one to put on when I get back to Oswego.

After everything was back together Reace took me into the shop to see the mock up of the new 21' Escape. It is about 5" wider than the 19', and, of course, 2' longer. Lots of nice features, and it feels much more open than the 17. Of course, 4' would do that! There is a floor plan as things stand now at the Escape Trailer Forum thread on the Escape 21, but is is nice to see it in 3D. Looks like a winner.

While the posted wait time to cross the border at Sumas was 20 minutes, it took me 55 to get back into the US. The campground at Sumas & Hidden Village were both full, so I'm at the Lynden KOA. I dropped the trailer & drove to the end of the Mount Baker Highway, something I've wanted to do for years. I'll probably do it again tomorrow - it was so foggy at the top you couldn't see the mountains over the lakes. I did get a couple of waterfall images, and drove through the completely booked for weeks Silver Fir Campground at mile 46. Looks like it would have been a nice place to stay now that I have a refrigerator that runs on gas.

I got back to the campground around 9:00.

Until Tomorrow -

1 comment:

  1. I am very happy and impressed with the Appliance Repair Vancouver work and service. I called for repairs to my refrigerator and a Technician was there in less than a hour. They found the problem quickly and had my refrigerator working in no time at all. I won’t hesitate to call on you again.

    ReplyDelete