Sunday, July 8, 2012

Bandon, OR

The Pacific Ocean, Bandon, OR

Sunday, July 8, Bandon RV Park, Bandon, OR -25.9 Miles Today, 9,517.4 For the Trip

A very short but exciting drive along UT 42S to Bandon - a curvy, narrow road with significant drops to the Coquille River (and, of course, no guard rails and the river on my side of the road). I'm glad the trailer isn't any wider or longer. I stopped for the day at the Bandon RV Park, Site 19.

After setting up the trailer I drove into "old Town", a touristy section of Bandon with all the requisite shops. Of course there had to be a used bookstore. Yesterday I even went to the extreme of buying a hard cover copy of a book by one of my favorite authors (Lincoln Child) and a couple of books by authors I haven't read just so I would have something over the next week or so. Well, at the River's Edge in Coquille they had a book exchange that was stocked with some of my favorites, and here in Bandon the used book store had many more. So, I'm fixed for books for the near (maybe even the far) future.

I wandered around town, then took the Beach Loop Drive to check out the rocks & beaches south of Bandon. I took a couple of long exposures to add to the collection for next week's talk on long exposures at the Oregon Gathering as well as my first pelican photo. As you can tell by the lack of sky color, today was the perfect day for waterfall photos. Unfortunately, there aren't any in the area! Hopefully, it will clear up over the next couple of days. More photos at today's LakeshoreImages Page.

Dinner was going to be at the blue Fish & Chips place, but when I got back there at 6:00 they, like most of the rest of the town, were closed. Since I didn't feel like eating in a "formal" restaurant, I'm back in the trailer eating cheese & crackers & soup.

Till Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment