Friday, March 20, 2020

Day 152, Friday, March 20, 2020 - George P. Cossar State Park, MS, Day 3

It's Raining!
A very wet Friday. The rain started around 6:00AM, and is still going at 3:00. Here is a weather radar image showing the narrow band of rain. Unfortunately, the narrow band is moving lengthwise over the park, and the bottom is still in Texas.

So, I haven't done much other than sit at the table and read. I got a Skype call from Karin. We decided that it probably would be a good idea for me to skip stopping to see them in Maryland on the way home. With the combination of concerns for my age & keeping 6' away from each other, it wouldn't make for much of a visit. I still plan to hit Tennessee on Sunday, but while I planned (and, of course, reserved sites) to spend 2 weeks traveling across the state prior to my arrival date at Cades Cove in the Great Smokey Mountain National Park, I'll have to keep an eye on things. They keep shutting down campgrounds, at least the state parks (so far Tennessee parks are open), closing stores, etc, and I'd hate to get stuck in the area for a long time, although sitting in a campsite is probably a good way for keeping social distance. In any case, unless they start closing down state borders, I'll wait a bit before deciding to head home early, although I did cancel all my reservations after the Townsend KOA, including 2 nights at $82.00 per night at the Cherry Hill campground in Maryland near Karin's. At least next year Greenbelt at $14.00 per night should be open.

There was a guy in a silver Dodge truck that must have been bored - he drove around the campground all morning, making more than 20 loops, stopping every 50' or so for a break.

So far today 2 5th wheels and a couple of travel trailers have arrived, but the campground is still pretty empty. I took a short walk around 2 of the campground loops during a lull in the rain, and didn't see the silver Dodge. I do wonder who he was & why he spent the morning cruising.

Dinner was a FitKitchen Teriyaki Chicken Bowl. Like the last FitKitchen bowl I had, this one was very good for a microwaved meal. I defrosted & marinated a chicken thigh to grill, but with the rain it is going to have to wait until tomorrow.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment