Sunday, March 8, 2020

Day 140, Sunday, March 8, 2020 - Wild West RV Park, Van Horn, TX

Site 4
It rained all night and into the morning. Wore my rain jacket for the first time on the trip while packing up the trailer. While Pancho Villa is a nice park in the sun, in the rain things get muddy. I had to wash off the water hose, power cords & the Anderson chocks since all were caked with red dirt/mud. No problem pulling out of the place in 2 wheel drive, but the front of the trailer was caked. Most of it washed off driving in the rain along NM 9.

I saw my first in-person view of the border wall while driving on NM 9. I'm not sure why they built it the way they did, but it is in short sections with open sections between them. For miles, there were as many openings as there was wall. They did have construction sites along the road, so maybe they are planning to fill in the gaps.

I crossed into Texas heading north just before El Paso, then drove I 10 to Van Horn. I felt a bit guilty not stopping at my usual; the Oasis RV Park, but decided to try something different - Site 4 at the Wild West RV Park just down the street. About the same price at $26.24 for full hookups as the Oasis, but a bit nicer looking. Level enough that I didn't have to unhook, although I did need to use the tongue jack to level front to back.

I did a load of laundry, made the usual Sunday calls, and relaxed for the afternoon, although with the change to daylight savings time & crossing into the central time zone, it was after 3:00 by the time I got settled.

Unfortunately, I was too far away from my usual Mexican restaurant, Chuy's and didn't want to unhook the truck, and the ones nearby are not open, so it was a InnovAsian's General Tso's Chicken Rice Bowl for dinner.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment