Monday, February 10, 2020

Day 113, Monday, February 10, 2020 - SARA Rodeo Grounds, Lake Havasu City, AZ

The Fiberglass Group at the Rodeo Grounds
A relaxing late start to the day since the SARA Rodeo Grounds don't start registration until 12:00. No one was in front of me at the dump station (although the two RVs that were dumping were the slowest I've seen). I dumped, filled the fresh water and headed north on AZ 95. I stopped at the Parker Walmart for a few things. I probably should have waited until I hit Lake Havasu City, but their Walmart is north of the city & the rodeo grounds are to the south, almost 15 miles between them. Still, it might have been faster - very long lines at the Parker Walmart, even the self scan stations. I bought a can of pressurized air, and the scanner insisted that an associate checked it before it would let me pay. What is the problem with canned air?

I arrived at the rodeo grounds around 12:45 & checked in. They moved the sites around a bit, but I'm in just about the same location as last year, along with a bunch of fiberglass trailers. I started a "group" called fiberglass that, if checked during registration, clumped us together. They did remove a short cut to the bathrooms and food booths - there is a 6' concrete block wall & new road in the way. Fortunately, there is a road that eventually gets there that isn't too much longer.

I set up the trailer backwards so I could watch the fireworks from my rear windows. That makes a huge space between Dan's Bigfoot & my trailer. I put out the plastic 9'X12' mat, table & grill. The ground is too hard to pound in the hummingbird feeder stand (and the hummingbird wind chime) but I found some scrap 2" X 6" plastic boards, drilled some holes for the feeder stands & set them up. The prediction is for 40 MPH gusts overnight - we will see if they are still standing in the morning.
Pictures at today's LakeshoreImages page.

While I only had a few drops of rain on the way, it is dry here, at least for now. Very ominous clouds to the south, and my radar app shows lots of rain to the southeast heading this way. Should be here in about 30 minutes.

Dinner was a couple of cheese brats & snap peas.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment