Sunday, January 13, 2019

Day 162, Sunday, January 13 , 2019 - La Posa West, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 37

Sunday, January 13 , 2019 - La Posa West, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 37 - 0 Miles, 8,082.2 Miles for the Trip

Another nice day day at Quartzsite, with mostly sunshine, and temperatures in the mid 60's. Mel & Lynda danced their RVs around until both were happy with the locations, and we sat around and talked for part of the afternoon. I also did some reading, as usual, sitting out in the sun; even caught up on the Syracuse, NY news reading the Sunday paper on line.

One of the neighbor's (not my friends from California) has a large German Shepard that he has designated as a service dog so he can take him anywhere. In fact, the said I should get one & do the same so I could take it on the trails in National Parks. I have no desire to do that, but to each his own. He ran into a problem today - He also doesn't believe in leashes. BLM requires dogs to be on a 6' or shorter leash, and while lots of people here in the area don't leash their dogs I guess his dog went after one at another trailer (that was leashed). Lots of angry words! I know many travel with dogs, but they can restrict where you can stay, hike, etc, even if you do obey the rules and keep them leashed.

I also Facetimed with Don & Anne, and called my son for our weekly chat. No big or little accomplishments for the day, and around 5:30 the sun ducked behind some clouds over the western mountains, it quickly got cold, and I headed for the trailer & dinner.

Since I had a microwaved Orange Chicken Steamer for lunch, dinner was a simple sandwich & snap peas.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment