Friday, November 2, 2018

Day 90, Friday, November 2, 2018 - Davis Mountain State Park, Fort Davis, TX, Day 2

Friday, November 2, 2018 - Davis Mountain State Park, Fort Davis, TX, Day 2 - 0 Miles, 5,888.58 Miles for the Trip

As those of you that saw yesterday's post, I did drive into Fort Davis to get a haircut & post the page. I did find that if I left the Verizon connection up long enough, mail came through, although slowly. It still would not do web pages or stream radio, both of which worked fine off & on on the campground WiFi.

I headed to the showers after my 3:00 eye drops. Looking over the posting from the last time I was here, I complained that the showers were OK, except the water never got more than lukewarm. Plenty of hot water today, in fact, my only complaint was too much water pressure. A standard shower head, but the pressure was so strong that it hurt to stand under it. I guess I'll find something to complain about, no matter what!

Dinner was one of my chicken stews out of the freezer.

I'm going to drive the skyline drive to see if there is a better Verizon connection at the top. If not, this post won't happen until tomorrow.

I'm up at the viewpoint, and have 3 bars of 4G LTE service (-87dBm) compared to -116dBm at the campsite, so I have posted the updates.

Until Tomorrow -

1 comment:

  1. I visited my late mom in small town, Illinois. No phone service with my carrier, so I walked up the one hill in the town. It was the Crescent Cemetery. Got wonderful reception.

    ReplyDelete