Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Day 109, Wednesday, November 21, 2018 - 60 North RV Park, Bay City, TX, Day 2

Wednesday, November 21, 2018 - 60 North RV Park, Bay City, TX, Day 2 - 0 Miles, 6,652.5 Miles for the Trip

Very light rain off & on overnight, clear skies in the morning, then rain off & on during the afternoon. I ran some speed tests on the various internet connections: AT&T -80dBm, 4.5MB down, 10.9MB up, Verizon -56dBm, 48MB down, 8.3MB up (the winner) and the campground WiFi .2Mb down, 5.6MB up. The campground WiFi varied quite a bit with the time of day.

Speaking of the time of day, a bad time to head to Walmart was 3:15. Long waits at almost every traffic light in town. When I got back to the trailer, the NPR station (in Phoenix, but probably the same here) stated that according to AAA, the heaviest traffic of the week would be at 3:00 today. I believe it!

I picked up a Stanley socket set. I didn't really need it since I already have one and a couple of 3/8" drivers, but the storage of the sockets is all tossed in a metal box. Makes it hard to find the one you want, particularly since I have both SAE & metric sockets. So, just for the fitted case, I bought another one. That was about it for Walmart.

I hit the showers in the campground bathroom. Quite nice - very clean, large showers with a standard showerhead, shower curtain, and a lip to keep the water out of the drying area. 3 individual rooms, each with a shower, toilet & sink. No bench or hooks, but there is a chair to set stuff on.

Not much more happening for the day.

Dinner was a frozen HEB Pad Kee Mao Gai dinner. A bit hotter (spicy) than I prefer, but OK.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment