Monday, February 27, 2017

Day 119, Sunday, February 26, 2017, Texas Springs Campground, Death Valley National Park, CA, Day 4

Natural Bridge
Sunday, February 26, 2017, Texas Springs Campground, Death Valley National Park, CA, Day 4, 0 Miles, 4,718.3 Miles For the Trip

Lots of people left today; the campground has many empty sites as of 2:30.

After my walk around the campground & breakfast, I tried sitting outside reading, but while the sun was warm enough, the wind was strong enough to drive me inside. I made a trip to the Furnace Creek Gas Station for to refill a propane tank. I probably should have waited until I found it less expensive, but even though I can get at least a week out of the remaining tank, I hate to be running on just one. It was $16.73 for 4.7 gallons, or $356 per gallon. While I've paid a lot less, I've also paid more.

I decided to take a drive to Badwater Basin & check out some of the stops along the way. Artist's Drive is closed due to road damage from flooding, but some of the other stops are open. My first stop was to photograph the closed road to the Devil's Golf Course. While there, I saw my first Tesla. Next was a short hike to the Natural Arch, and finally, a stop at Badwater Basin.


I drove to the Dunes for some evening photos with setting sun light. OK, but very crowded; it was difficult to find untrodden dunes or frames without people. I did like the trees at the entrance to the field. More photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

I filled the gas tank at Stovepipe Wells, then headed back to Furnace Creek. I decided dinner would be at a restaurant, and ate at the Furnace Creek Ranch Cafe. Fish & chips for $19.00, plus $6.00 for a Flat Tire Amber draft beer.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment