Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Day 107, Tuesday, February 14, 2017, Anza Borrego Desert State Park, CA, Day 2

A Dragon at Galleta Meadows on North Borrego Road
Tuesday, February 14, 2017, Anza Borrego Desert State Park, CA, Day 2

I was up early (for me) at 7:00AM. Must be the time zone change. In any case, I took a long walk around the campground, then had breakfast. I read some forums & blogs, although I've been ruined by the fast internet speeds at Quartzsite. Here I have a strong LTE signal on both Verizon & AT&T, however both are extremely slow, with long waits between each command & the result. It took over 10 minutes to upload the photos for today's post. I put together a page for the Anza Borrego State Park that has images that I'll post at the end of my visit.

I went to the laundromat to do a couple of loads of laundry, then drove to Fredericks Ancient & Ethnic Art. Lots of metal sculptures. I picked up a couple of cards to mail to my granddaughters at the grocery store that had a photograph of a steel dragon, but didn't see it at Fredericks. While in one of the cultural stores I asked about the dragon & was given directions. There are a number of large steel sculptures along North Borrego Road. The dragon is the largest - it looks like it goes under the road with the head on one side & the tail on the other. I took a bunch of photos, more at today's LakeshoreImages page.

On the way back I stopped at the park Visitor Center to pick up a trail map & a "T" shirt. I spent the rest of the afternoon reading out in the shade. A sunny day with temperatures in the 80's.

Dinner was a "Cheesy Chicken Chalupa" (cooked in the toaster oven - I'm using it as much as possible while I have electricity) & a salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment