Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Day 108, Wednesday, February 15, 2017, Anza Borrego Desert State Park, CA, Day 3

The Palms

Wednesday, February 15, 2017, Anza Borrego Desert State Park, CA, Day 3, 0 Miles, 4,172.7 Miles For the Trip

Another early morning, but good since I decided to do the Palm Canyon Trail hike, and it is more comfortable before the sun is high. I hit the trail head at 9:00; a gentle climb for about 1.5 miles. Lots of palms at the oasis at the end of the hike. I took a bunch of photos along the way. More at today's LakeshoreImages page.

I wore my desert hiking boots, which work well on rocks. Unfortunately, after crossing the stream, I slipped on a wet rock. Banged my wrist just as it was getting better from the other day at Quartzsite. Since my good for wet rocks boots are at home, there isn't much I could do about it. I took the alternate route back to the trail head; a bit longer, but different since it followed a ridge line rather than the wash that the main route follows.

Back at the trailer I showed it and the StowAway II storage box to a couple of people wandering through the campground, took a shower (the two minutes per token is very conservative - I haven't needed to put the second one in the slot either shower, so I'll be adding a couple to the ever increasing "token" section of my travel bag) then sat outside in the shade and read.

There is one minor disaster - I'm down to one last serving of Quartzsite kettle corn. With the exception of kettle corn right out of the kettle at the swap meet in Parker in 2016, the kettle corn sold at the store across from Silly Al's is the best I've had.

Dinner will be a burrito cooked in the toaster oven.

Until Tomorrow -

1 comment:

  1. I am a professional slip-and-fall person. can give you lots of advice.

    ReplyDelete