Sunday, August 28, 2016

Cayuga Lake State Park

Site 12E, Cayuga Lake State Park
I wasn't planning on there being a followup to the "Pickin' in the Pasture" pages so soon, but on the way home I passed Cayuga Lake State Park, and since it had been recommended to me by others, I decided to stay for a night.

I asked at the office for a site that would fit a 20' trailer, with electric (it is close to 90°F), and close to the bathroom - I need a shower.  I guess I forgot to ask for a site away from Route 89, one that was level, and if they would be mowing the lawn at the site.  If you look close at the site photo, you can see a car in the background.

In any case, I'm in site 12E, next to the bathroom.   Currently, the sound of the mower & weed eater drowns out the road noise!  As to level, the site is within 3" of the limit of the range of my power tongue jack front to back, but pretty good side to side.

I spent part of the day sitting outside, than finally turned on the AC & headed into the trailer when both the heat & biting flies got to me.  Dinner will be a Bubba burger & salad.

Until next time, which will probably be the Niagara Wine Escape rally in mid September.

No comments:

Post a Comment