Saturday, April 19, 2014

South Beach State Park, OR

South Beach, OR
Saturday, April 19, 2014, South Beach State Park, OR - 54.7 miles, 7473.9 For the Trip

It did rain, however it held off until I got out of the trailer to hook it up to the tow vehicle. Rain off & on for the drive to Newport where South Beach State Park is located. Lots of reserved spaces that no one is in, and lots of empty spaces. Since they are all reservable, the longest you can book for is 2 days, so I'm in D4 until Monday. I'll check to see if the space is still unreserved & extend for another day if possible.

There is a path to the beach a few spaces down from my site, so I took a walk. The ocean looks quite nasty today - lots of waves, wind, and cold. I did see a familiar bush. Not sure if it has the same name here in Oregon, buy on Nantucket it is called Broom. Pretty yellow flowers. Some of the trees on the path to the beach look like those a bit further north at Hoh Rain Forest in Olympic National Park. Lots of moss covering them. Photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Other than that, since it rained off & on, I spent most of the time in the trailer reading or playing games on the iPad.

I drove to the Safeway in Newport & bought a few things including a DiGiorno Pizza for dinner.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment