Friday, April 4, 2014

Red Rock Canyon State Park, CA, Day 2

Joshua Tree Bloom
Thursday, April 3, 2014, Red Rock Canyon State Park, CA, Day 2 - 0 miles , 6480.8 For the Trip

Another day without internet. No forums, email, page posting, etc. I guess this is what it was before all my electronics (although I still have my computer and the solar panels - the portable survived getting blown over at Quail Creek)!

I waited until dark to try for some star photos. There was a bit of a moon, and I had some problems with headlights in the distance on CA14. It was pretty cold last night - down to 37°F, but the furnace did its thing. I really appreciate the low current draw (1.8 amps) of the Atwood 8012 furnace. While it ran quite a bit last night, with listening to XM Radio, one or two LED lights, and the refrigerator fan I was only down 14 amp hours by morning. Making coffee dropped that to -18, but with both recharging the laptop & doing quite a bit of work on images, by 4:00 I'm back to full.

I took a walk on the Desert View Trail & took some photos of rocks, Joshua Trees in bloom, and a flower.  Photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Dinner was just a sandwich & peaches - too lazy to cook!

Until tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment