Saturday, April 12, 2014

Bullards Beach State Park, OR

More Sea Stacks
Saturday, April 12, 2014, Bullards Beach State Park, OR - 84.9 miles, 7354.3 For the Trip

A couple more Sea Stack and rocks & waves photos along US 101 on the way to Bullards Beach. I definitely need to clean the sensor on the D700. To get long exposures in bright sunlight, I need to stop down to f:16 or even F:22, and the small f: stops highlight the sensor dust. I spent more time cleaning up dust spots than I did taking the photos. All the fine dust from the desert is taking its toll. The problem is finding a clean enough environment so the cleaning doesn't make it worse. Another photo & site picture at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Lots of room at the campground - the "C" section, which is all "Walk In" - Oregon's name for first come sites, is pretty near empty. Maybe as many as 10 RVs in the 67 available sites. Full hookups for $20.00 a night, at least until May when the regular rates go into effect. I signed up for 5 nights.

Since there was some nice, whispy clouds, I was hoping for some nice sunset photos at the beach & lighthouse, however while the sun did set, thicker clouds and fog rolled in and there was nothing to see. I did drive into Brandon to check out the grocery store and used bookstore. I forgot my phone, so I'll have to go back to the bookstore (my database of read books is on the phone).

Dinner was a buffalo burger & the rest of the asparagus (and a vanilla ice cream cone for dessert).

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment