Sunday, January 26, 2014

La Paz County Park, AZ, Day 21 & Another Trip to the Desert Bar

Helicopter Rides at the Desert Bar
Sunday, January 26, 2014, La Paz County Park, AZ, Day 21 - 0 miles 4,878.8 For the Trip

Today was a campground fund raiser breakfast - waffles, juice, sausage, fruit & whipped cream, all for $5.00. After breakfast I returned to the trailer & read the Sunday paper, some web pages, and a bit of my next book. I decided to drive out to the Desert Bar again. Now that it is warmer, I needed a short sleeve "T" shirt.

Busier than last time, and I finally found out what the helicopters running down the river every weekend were doing. They give helicopter rides at the Desert Bar - $45.00 per passenger. I didn't take one even though it was a lot cheaper than my last one - $13,634.00 to be medically moved from Nantucket Island to a hospital in Boston. I'm so glad my insurance picked up most of the cost! While I didn't ask, I've seen the same helicopters in Lake Havasu City; they may also be bringing people to the bar from there. Sure beats the rocky dirt road! For anyone that wants to know the history of the place, I posted a photo of an information sheet on the December 14th page linked above.

Anyhow, I got a few photos of the bar & helicopter which are on today's LakeshoreImages page.

After getting back to pavement I decided the 14 mile round trip on a dusty dirt road required hitting the car wash for the RAV4. Then, after getting back to the campground, it looked so clean that I decided to wax it. I now have the shiniest RAV4 in the park!

By then it was dinner time, which was grilled chicken breast & fresh asparagus.

Until tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment