Sunday, June 3, 2012

Moab, UT, Day 2 - Arches National Park

Sunset at Arches National Park, UT

Saturday, June 2 - Moab, UT Day 2 - Arches National Park - 83.9 Miles Today, 5065.9 For the Trip

I'm sure glad that my web page is back up because I have lots of photos today. While Glacier has always been my favorite national park, both because of the Going to the Sun Road & the variety of things to do, Arches is my most photographed. There are so many different arches & views of them that I take far too many. You can see the rest of today's photos at my LakeshoreImages daily page.

I spent most of the day at the Devil's Garden area and much of the rest in the Windows area. As you can tell, I went back around sunset for the last couple of photos. I was hoping to get a good shot of the almost full moon, but it was covered with clouds at the time the light was balanced between the arch & the moon. By the time the clouds thinned, the moon was overexposed, but I included a couple anyway..

I also added a campsite photo since I didn't take one last night. By the way, I really like the last two campgrounds I've stayed at. The Blue Mountain Campground in Blanding had the cleanest restrooms & showers of the trip, and the site was great. Here in Moab I much prefer the Riverside Oasis to Arch View, where I stayed last year. Much cleaner, more friendly staff, and closer to town.

It's now 10:22, and again, I'm beat. Lots of hiking today; around 8 miles all together, and my feet feel it. Diner was easy - a stop at the Chinese Buffet.

Until Tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. This is certainly one of the most beautiful parks in the US,we have spent 4 days hiking in the park and did not miss an ARCH.

    ReplyDelete