Thursday, June 14, 2012

Jacob Lake & The Grand Canyon North Rim

Rock House Along US 89 Alt

Wednesday, June 13 - Jacob Lake, AZ, Day 2 - 204.5 Miles Today,6268.1 For the Trip

I spent much of the day driving up US 89 Alt & south on AZ 67 to the north side of the Grand Canyon. I did make a stop along the way at Lee's Ferry. The campground there is nice, however I wanted to get a bit further along towards Zion for the day.

It's funny what you remember from older trips. We stopped at the north side of the Grand Canyon on a trip in 1996, and I rather than the grand view I remember the meadows on the way down AZ 67. I guess it was because they were unexpected. Unfortunately, I remember it was a lot clearer view in 1996. I also remember the rock houses along US 87 Alt.

Since the campground at the canyon rim was full, as expected , I stopped for the night at the Kaibab Camper Village, Site 83.


More expensive than the Forest Service campgrounds in the area, but they have electricity, which will be nice - I'm at 8000' and the electric heater will be handy as well as a good Verizon signal. I know, I'm never happy! Yesterday is was 100°F and now at 4:00 is is already down to the mid 70's. Given a choice, I'll take today, but since I'm heading to Zion, it will be back in the heat.

Till Tomorrow!





















1 comment:

  1. The Grand Canyon is a spectacular place. Sure you can walk along its rims and take in its unique beauty.

    Brian Head

    ReplyDelete