Monday, April 1, 2024

23 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 169

Monday, April 1, 2024 - Twin Grove RV Resort, Pine Grove, PA - 149.9 Miles, 6,886.5 Miles for the trip

Rain off & on overnight, light as I unhooked the electric & headed out. A miserable drive on various interstates, medium to heavy rain until the last 40 miles. Even during the lighter rain the spray from trucks was annoying. Anyhow, I arrived at Twin Grove around 12:30. I'm in site F12, a full hookup site on gravel with two picnic tables and a fire pit. The site is level side to side, and I lifted the tongue 2 1/2" still attached to the truck to level the front. $66.15 for the night (I am 1 day into the "premium" season).

Site F12

There are a pair of unisex bathrooms across from my site - no showers & no heat (48°F inside so I don't think one would enjoy a shower if there was one). I checked with the office to confirm our reservations for sites 8 & 10 for our October trip to the Hungry Mother rally because right now there are RVs in the sites that look permanent - 100 pound propane tanks & lots of semi permanent stuff around them. The folks at the office found our reservations so we should be good.

Checked the internet speeds - Verizon was 4.8Mbps down & 10.6Mbps up, AT&T shows 43.3Mbps down & 11.7Mbps up; I'm currently on AT&T.

After lunch I did some reading - I'm currently reading Alyssa Maxwell's Murder at Marble House, #2 in her series. These are well written books that have the feel of some of the great English women written mysteries. I'll probably read the entire series.

Dinner was a Benihana Hibachi Chicken & Rice Bowl.


Until Tomorrow - 

2 comments:

  1. Blast from the past- this is Jody Spitz (1973-1977!). Are you heading back to Oswego for the total solar eclipse?! Sweet to read some of your travel blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a voice form the past! Hope all is well with you & yours. Yes, I'm heading back to oswego for the eclipse (actually, I'm here as I type this). Hope for good weather; it sure hasn't been nice for the last week of travel.

      Take care,

      Jon

      Delete