Sunday, September 10, 2023

Trip to the Algonac & Niagara Wine Escape Rallies, Day 4

 Friday, September 8, 2023, Algonac State Park, Algonac, MI - 0 miles, 396.9 Miles for the Trip

Again, sorry for the late posting...

A suggestion to all that use the NY E-ZPass. Check the charges, particularly for the Peace Bridge in Buffalo. For the 2nd time I was charged as a class 5 even though my trailer (and transponder) is a class 4. They charged me $22.00 to cross the bridge when it should have been around $8.00. I filed a dispute back in July when it happened for the first time & promptly had $14.00 put back in my account, but on this trip they did it again. The same up charge happened to the Guidos in July. I'm beginning to wonder if it is a standard was to make a bit more $. Anyhow, I filed another dispute.

Since today is the "Official" start of the rally, I'm starting a page for it. After my morning walk I made breakfast, then went for a short walk around taking photos. I'll put a few here, and more at the rally page.

The New Sign

Hanging Out

A Tesla Towing a Trillium

A cool day. I know, first I'm complaining about the heat, now the cold. Actually it isn't too bad, but cool enough for long pants and a long sleeved shirt.

I waited until it warmed up for my shower. Well, it never warmed up; still 64°F outside. The showers are typical for an older building at a state park. Separate shower rooms and a separate drying area with 2 hooks & a bench. The floor stays dry. The wall between the drying area and the shower is low enough that you can put your soap dish & shampoo on it - only a small soap dish in the shower. Biggest complaint is the shower head needs to be about 1' higher; tough to hit your face & head, at least if you are 5' 11" tall. Overall a B+ to A-.

Dinner was left over chicken parm & mac & cheese. 

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment