Thursday, September 14, 2023

Trip to the Algonac & Niagara Wine Escape Rallies, Day 10

 Thursday, September 14, 2023, Riverside Hotel & Campground, Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada - 0 miles, 656.4 Miles for the Trip


I went for my walk along the Niagara River this morning. Lots of cormorants in the trees along the river - makes it look like a mystery novel cover. A bit cool at 51°F. I did plug in the electric heater last night, set it at 60°F, and it ran off & on after 1:00AM. I have a real thermostat on the wall next to the two standard RV ones (don't ask why there are two). I got tired of the difficult-to-set thermostat on the heater and added some electronics (An Aube Technologies RC840T-120 Electromechanical Relay with Built In Relay) plus an Emerson thermostat. I just set the electric heater on high, plug it into the receptacle attached to the Aube relay & it keeps the temperature in the trailer within 1°F of where I set it.

Around 1:00 I headed for the showers. A large shower with just hot enough water & a good shower head, but no hooks in the drying area and a chair in place of a bench. Overall, I can't do better than a C+.

Guido & I headed to Sobeys in Fort Erie for groceries, however the Garmin sent us to a Foodliner in Niagara Falls. It even asked us to rate Sobeys when we got out of the Foodliner store. In any case, I got water & Guido got pirogies & stuff for dinner.

We sat around for the rest of the afternoon, watching the new arrivals, then grilled a pork loin for dinner. Along with the pork loin we had baked beans, apple sauce, and pirogies.

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment