Friday, November 1, 2019

Day 12, Tishomingo State Park, Tishomingo, MS

Jackson Falls along the Natchez Trace

I'm glad I pulled my water hookup early - 28°F this morning, and only up to 35°F at 10:30 when I left.

Most of the drive was on the Natchez Trace Parkway. A relaxing 50MPH with very little traffic. I stopped at Jackson Falls for a few photos, then continued south to the Tishomingo State Park. I'm in site 10, a water & electric site for $16.05 per night with sales tax & senior discount. While the price is great, the site is a bit tight, and the grill & picnic table are a long way downhill from the trailer. Another problem is the 30 amp receptacle was replaced upside down, and the "electrician" reversed the polarity. I used my 50 to 30 amp adapter & plugged into the 50 amp side. Other than that, a pretty site. Not too far from the bathrooms with well designed showers, but no heat. Since the high today was 55°F and it (at 3:30PM) is already down to 51°F, I won't even try them this afternoon.

After setting up I walked around the campground. I didn't make it to the end of the campground, but did pass another bathroom about 20 sites down from mine that feels like there is a bit of heat inside. There are also many campsites that have their grills & picnic tables closer to the site. There is an advantage of knowing the campground when you reserve a site. There are many more RVs set up in the higher number sites.  More falls & site photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Dinner was a Quorn veggie chicken patty & a salad.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment