Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Day 254, Sunday, April 15, 2018 - Cades Cove Campground, Great Smoky Mountain National Park, TN, Day 8

Sunday, April 15, 2018 - Cades Cove Campground, Great Smoky Mountain National Park, TN, Day 8 - 0 Miles, 6,982.6 Towing Miles For the Trip

We never had the predicted thunderstorms, but it did rain throughout the morning. Still lots of wind. I watched the tent campers across the way from me packing up in the rain. While it reminded me of my tent camping days, I have to admit that although I remember packing up many wet tents, we rarely had to pack up in the rain.

I spent the entire day in the trailer other than taking a walk around the campground during a break in the rain. It is quite a bit cooler. Although it hit 80°F towards the end of the day yesterday, and only down to 70°F by morning, the temperature has slowly dropped over the day. Now, at 1:30, it is 65°F.

Very few left in the campground. I can see one tent and two trailers from my site. While the rain has stopped, it is still very cloudy, with the solar panels only producing an amp or two. Not a real problem - I'm only down 8 amp hours since I didn't use the inverter this morning.

Later:

During the afternoon, the tenter left. A van pulled in a few sites down from me, but since it is pouring, no one got out. No idea if they are just going to stay in the van or set up camp.

Even Later:

I had a large mushroom omelet for breakfast, and will put off dinner until later. Well, it is now later, and I just put a couple of Barber Chicken Cordon Bleu in the oven. Usually I just have one, but they have gotten smaller than the last time I had them, so it will be two. By the way, the van gave up & left. As far as I can see, there are only 2 other trailers in the campground, at least the part I can see from my trailer.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment